LUBISZYN – a village originated from a settlement of factory workers at the beginning of the 19th century. In 1707 a glass house to receive orders from the king had been started here (200 crates of window glass and 100 crates of glass for construction sites in Berlin). From 1940 to 1945 the Nazis run a POW camp in the village for twenty-eight French soldiers working on local farms, a branch of Stalag III in Drzewice.
BACZYNA – an ancient Slavic oval-type settlement built in the former territory of the Polish region of Wielkopolska; about 1254 taken over by the German land of Brandenburg; on April 24th 1335 enfeoffed to Dyersko of Chycina (Dzierzko z Chyciny), the then chieftain of the New Margravate in Osno. Ultimately, in 1473 and 1484 the village became the possession of the Mironice Monastery. Today in the village: 19th century nogged-timber-wall houses and a neo-Gothic church erected at the turn of the 19th century.
LUBNO – probable location of an early-medieval stronghold connected with the village of Santok and inhabited from the 10th to the 12th century. Some researchers argue of an existence of a stronghold there as early as the 7th century and its collapse about 1250. Today in the village: a late Romanesque church built from granite blocks in mid-thirteenth century; a landscape park with a variety of indigenous tree species; remains of a 19th century palace; a 470-year-old oak tree. In 1853 coal mining was begun in the village after a farmer had stumbled upon brown coal deposits when digging a well; in 1876 thirteen miners got out 46 173 tons of coal from deposits lying 30 meters underground using 2 shifts: the main shift and a ventilation shift. Coal mining was abandoned after World War One.
MARWICE – the first documented mention of the village comes from 1299. Today in the village: a late Romanesque church built from granite blocks around the middle of the thirteenth century and surrounded by a wall of boulders; an arcaded forge; a park with indigenous and foreign trees.
STAW – a Bronze Age (about 1000 BC) treasure trove of armlets, necklaces, and a spearhead, among other items, was found in the village. The first documented mention (a description of the boundaries of an endowment to the Collegiate Church in Mysliborz) dates back to June 2nd 1298. In 1337 the village paid rent of 20 schillings, 10 schillings of which was paid by the local inn-keeper. In 1718 the inn-keeper sold 100 barrels of beer annually. The local school dates back to 1718.
ŚCIECHÓW – a village established in 1747 next to a glass house with a wood tar workshop. The church, opened in 1752, was rebuilt a number of times (the latest reconstruction was started in 1976 and completed in 1980); in 1975 it was blessed by Bishop Jerzy Stroba. Construction of the local school was begun together with the building of the church, i.e. in 1748.
TARNOW – the earliest documented mention of the village is a foundation deed of Margrave Albreht III of May 22nd 1300 to the benefit of Cistercians of Kolbacz in Mironice. The state of possession sprang from six residential houses, four barns and six livestock outbuildings (in the domain) in 1785 to seventy residential houses in 1840. In 1707 a glass house was erected; the church belfry boasts a fine bell from 1506.
WYSOKA – a nogged-timber-wall church with a wooden belfry erected in the 18th century, the oldest part of the church is the belfry built in 1719; a park with indigenous and foreign species of trees; a manor house from the 19th century; a water-tower from 1925.
The drawing above shows a neo-Gothic palace from the 19th century, now completely ruined.